Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 40: Mother Stuff Pt 2 Wanting Me to Look Cute

I like big hair and I cannot lie.
I like big hair and I cannot lie. (Photo credit: Serena.)

This is a continuation from Mother Stuff Pt 1 Wanting me to Look Cute


Self  Forgiveness Statements:




I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become frustrated because Mom fussed over the cloths I was to wear so I would look cute.
I forgive myself that at a young age I was being infused with the “must look cute program” even though I resisted it – I was still owned by the idea because I accepted and allowed myself to judge mom and people who wanted to look cute/good for others so they would be accepted and complemented on how they looked by what cloths and hair they wore. And thus this was infused into me even though I resisted it.

I forgive myself that I at a young age did not like being looked at because I felt I was being judged for how I looked feeling that if I did not look this certain way that mom and aunt liked that they would be displeased and annoyed. And thus within this I have accepted and allowed myself to fear how I looked to others as I feared being disapproved of because I was not wearing the right cloth or hair.

I forgive myself that even though I resisted my Mom and her friends to want me to look cute as I felt at that age they were doing it for themselves and not for what was best for me but doing it so that they would feel like “good mothers because we looked cute” as I got older I did not want to dress for others but I did though I resented it and hated it and thus within this I hated my Mom and her friends because I believe they where dishonest by wanting to live and please others/ wanting approval to be seen as “good mothers.”

I forgive myself that I have been accepting and allowing myself to hate my Mom and her friends, to blame my Mom and her friends for making/wanting me to look cute – thus within this I have allowed myself to blame my Mother for my insecurity about looking cute/ dressing cute/ wearing my hair cute that every time I go to dress or I look in the mirror I worried about if I had the right cloths on that would look cute and if I could get my hair to look nice. And thus within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to most of my life worry what I look like that has caused stress for me when I went to get dressed or tried to fix my hair.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment