Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 17: Subtle Gossip


 I noticed I was talking with a friend about another friend. Then I talk to that friend about her - It is eeky   - talking to another person about another person’s problems and thinking we know better, it is really trying to connect through gossip and perceived shared “knowledge”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that I am bonding with someone because we talk about another, making me feel special that I am gossiping.

I forgive myself that I have not seen that I was doing this in an attempt to connect with someone by talking about someone else.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to do this with the secret mind of wanting to connect or showing someone that I have knowledge about someone else and there problems - then we talk about them - in an effort to feel good about who we are.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use gossip as a way to feel good about myself.

When and if I see myself starting to gossip about another as a way to feel superior - I stop. I realize that this is a habit that we have as an attempt to feel better about who we are. I do not accept and allow this within me any longer

No comments:

Post a Comment